Many people do not know that French-style gnocchi exists, such as Gnocchi Parisienne. More importantly, many people don’t know that a Japanese style, French-gnocchi meal exists. This culmination of cultural foods makes this one of the most delicious ramen noodle recipes. Using Maruchan instant ramen noodles instead of raw flour to make a pâte à choux works better than you’d imagine.
Everything you know about ramen noodles is about to change.
- 6-8 slices prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 4 egg yolks
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 packages of Maruchan pork flavor instant ramen, seasoning packets will be used
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of picked tarragon
- 1 tablespoon of chives, thinly sliced
- Lemon juice
- Boil the milk in a small saucepan and turn off the heat. Add the ramen noodles and let them soak in the milk for one minute. The ramen shouldn’t soften too much.
- Keep the milk and strain the noodles. Purée the noodles and 1 cup of the heated milk in a blender for 30 seconds. Add the 4 egg yolks and blend until it is the consistency of paste.
- Place the paste in a plastic bag with one of the bottom corners cut off (to later squeeze the paste through). Let it cool in the fridge for 10 minutes while you lightly grease a tray or plate with olive oil.
- Boil a pot of water. Squeeze the paste out of the plastic bag using a knife to cut one-inch pieces. After one minute, the gnocchi will surface for you to scoop them out and place them on the greased tray.
- Set aside the gnocchi. Using a motor a pestle or a food processor, mash the garlic into a paste with the arugula until the consistency is smooth. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and ¼ cup of parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- In a sauté pan, cook the prosciutto over medium-high heat until it is crisp. Set it aside.
- In the same pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. After the butter has ceased to foam, add the gnocchi and stir for about 4 minutes until they look golden brown. Add the rest of the butter and one pork flavor seasoning packet. Turn of the heat after it melts.
- Add the arugula, crispy prosciutto, and lemon juice and stir. Place the gnocchi into two bowls, garnishing them with the herbs and parmesan.
Want more? Check out our ramen recipes here!